- Bricks and Mortar Boards: Building a Modern University
- Bauhaus Twenty-21 (installation / private opening)
- Bauhaus twenty-21: An Ongoing Legacy
- Terri Phillips / ArtLab / We Have Always Lived in the Castle / September 7- January 4, 2014
- Dustyn Bork: Abandoning / CASEWORKS / September 21, 2013 – November 4, 2013
- Jan hankins: Out of the Janitor's Closet
- Carroll Cloar: In His Studio Opens to the Public
- Carroll Cloar - Studio Reconstruction
- Christy Schuchardt Frank
- Carroll Cloar Parody Paintings (Installation Views)
When the Art Museum of the University of Memphis (AMUM) opened in 1981, it went by the name University Gallery. At that time our mission was to host temporary exhibitions. Over the years AMUM acquired the permanent collections it houses today. In 1994 Memphis State University became the University of Memphis; The University Gallery Board voted to commemorate this change with one of it's own. A name change that reflects our transition to a collecting institution.
AMUM continues to host innovative temporary exhibitions of contemporary art and culture alongside selections from our permanent collections. The museum is an important component of the College of Communication and Fine Arts with exhibitions by Master of Fine Arts Candidates and the annual Juried Student Exhibition. Additionally we present a diverse range of educational public programs that engage both the University and greater Memphis communities.